Thursday, July 06, 2006

Thursday Thirteen #6

Some things worked out for the Fourth of July and some did not.

My best girlfriend's family had some extended family stuff of their own so they were unable to come:-(, but my mom and stepdad came, and I was reminded how happy it makes me to spend time with her.

Thanks Mom. I love you.



Thirteen Things I Love About My Mom's Visits

1. She asks about me and how I am doing. This is not just conversation filler. She is really checking on my quality of life (perceived and real) and she remembers what I told her from the last exciting installment :-)and asks about that, too.

2. She sees jobs that need doing and does them without my asking, like loading the dishwasher or wiping the counters or getting rid of that scary thing in my refrigerator that's been in there since Easter.

3. She is a good sport (and Grandma). Todder wanted to ride the Merry Go Round at the carnival and even though my mom has some motion sickness issues, she did it with a smile...like she enjoyed it.

4. She volunteers to bathe the girls in the evening, in the guest bathroom. The change in scenery and participants is fun for them and I enjoy the break.

5. She puts all the kids to bed, which they love. (Sometimes Grandpa does this, too...so that he and Darth can have some "man time"...but I digress).

6. She french braids the girls' hair (repeatedly)...

7. She looks after me...

8. She acts like every meal I ever make is the most delicious thing she ever ate.

9. We often say the same things, or say to one another "I was just going to say that."

10. She does a "make ready" on the guest bedroom before she leaves town.

11. She notices all the things that go well and comments on them, and ignores anything that doesn't quite go according to plan.

12. She thinks my husband is wonderful.

13. She is so cheerful even when she doesn't feel it. It is a contagious feeling when she visits our home. Everyone just seems calmer and happier.






Links to other Thursday Thirteens!




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


25 Comments:

Blogger Red said...

Mums are great, aren't they?

I see a lot of my own in yours, except that my Mum has never visited me in England... :-( and it's always me who makes the effort of going to Italy (not much of an effort, granted!).

Happy TT!

7:15 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

What a beautiful testimony to your Mother's love!!! I hope she reads this blog.

My TT is up here.

7:25 AM  
Blogger Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

What a great list. Sounds like you have a wonderful mom! My TT is up too.

7:31 AM  
Blogger Meira{FB} said...

I love it when my mom comes! Almost as good as a vacation!

Happy TT

7:38 AM  
Blogger Carmen said...

Moms are the best! Glad you had time with yours.

7:41 AM  
Blogger Lazy Daisy said...

Wow, what a blessed lady you are. I so want to be her to my "grown" kids! Great tribute to your mom!)

7:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great list, sounds like you have a wonderful Mom!

8:01 AM  
Blogger Red Queen said...

Makes me want to go call my Mom- sounds like your children will enjoy a great relationship with their Mom because you have been so well cared for yourself- Be blessed.

8:04 AM  
Blogger Kimba said...

Moms are the best, aren't they?

8:38 AM  
Blogger Trish Ess said...

OMGawds! I *love* your mom! :)
She sounds fantastic.

Happy TT! Mine are up.

8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful list! You guys are so lucky to have her, it's so good of you guys to appreciate her, and I'm sure she feels just as lucky and blessed :)

9:16 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

You have a fabulous Mom...she sounds just wonderful! Your mom is a shining example of the type of Mom I want to be when my kiddos are grown!

My 13 is up!

9:41 AM  
Blogger Darla said...

Would you mom like to adopt me? Mine drives me nuts. *sigh*

10:11 AM  
Blogger Mama Duck said...

That's so sweet!

10:17 AM  
Blogger Kendra said...

I wish I got along so well with my mom! Sounds like she is a wonderful woman! And you sound very much alike.

10:23 AM  
Blogger lisa said...

What a sweet list. I'm glad you had such a great visit with your Mom. :)

Happy Thursday :)

10:41 AM  
Blogger Frances D said...

Wow I wish she's come visit me!
You're lucky ladies.
My TT is up.
Take care,
Frances

11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

angela, i love your mom. she's such a sweet and positive woman.

this is bittersweet and kinda makes me sad because whenever my mom visits we get into really bad arguments. our relationship has changed because now that i'm a mother, i don't want her to tell me that i'm doing things the wrong way. :(

i think i should list down what i love her so that our relationship can begin to change to the way it was before.

nice list. thanks for dropping by.

12:50 PM  
Blogger Beckadoodles said...

Ahh makes me miss my mommy!
She'll be here for 3 weeks in September, it'll be 5 months since I've seen her!!
She's very similar to yours, but she swears like a sailor and does all the cooking!

Thanks for stopping by my first TT!

1:49 PM  
Blogger Gail Martin said...

It sounds like you have a pretty special mom. It seems we don't realize what great parents we have until we are grown up.

7:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your mom sounds like such a wonderful lady. I'm glad that her visits bring peace and happiness into your home.

8:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohmygoodness! What sweet things to say! However....I'm CERTAIN anyone looking on would observe that I am the one who gets the best bits of everything. The really, really fortunate one. But thank you! I loved reading it. (Is there a way to print this off?)

9:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

woo hoo for mom!! sounds like you had a great visit.

7:38 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I miss my mom...

8:03 PM  
Blogger Natsthename said...

:-)

That totally made me smile. Moms are wonderful!

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home