Thursday, June 22, 2006

Thursday Thirteen #4

Hey! Go over and check my friends Don and Ken...second and first thursday thirteens, respectively...Way to go, guys!

Thirteen Supplies to Locate for the Fourth of July

We live in a small town...and the big holiday claim to fame there is the Fourth of July...there is a parade on Main Street at 10:00 am July 4th that we always attend, and since you have to get there early, we bring breakfast.

We can also see the fireworks display from our backyard (mostly...not the low ones), so we have dinner at home and watch the fireworks while having dessert. It is a fairly big deal...so I am starting to get things together now.
1. Old Navy T-shirts for this year (bought...get these now if you are going to do it...the good ones sell out early)

2. Breakfast items for the parade down main street (muffins, low carb muffins, little bottles of orange juice, thermos of coffee, splenda, sugar, cream, bottled water, napkins, paper plates, straws)(buy)

3. Patriotic fans for the parade...sometimes I can get these at the party supply store...they are usually broken by the end of the parade, so new ones almost every year.(buy)

4. Red paper plates and cups (buy)

5. Blue table cloth (find)

6. Food-

brisket

potato casserole

slaw

rolls

fauxtato casserole

fruit salad

deviled eggs

vegetable plate with dip

jello flag dessert (for no carb eaters)

blackberry cobbler

ice cream

cookies

(buy)

7. Drinks-

Diet Coke with Splenda

lime juice (for Diet Coke)

little bottles of root beer and cream soda

tea

Diet Rite Raspberry and Peach

(buy)

8. Poppers...the pull ones and the throw on the ground ones (buy)

9. Glowsticks, preferably in red and blue (buy)

10. Bug spray (find...I think)

11. Patriotic CD (marching band patriotic, Lee Greenwood)(find)

12. Lawn chairs (beg, borrow, find)

13. Patriotic decorations for the dinner, etc, for ambiance. (find)

BR />

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

23 Comments:

Blogger Red said...

I would love to be in the US for the Fourth of July... just once in my life! We don’t have anything like it here in the UK, boo-hoo.

I’m sure it’ll be a great day! And the food you intend to prepare makes my mouth water (it’s lunchtime here now)...

6:52 AM  
Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Hey! Sounds like great fun - can I come too?? hehe just kidding! Good luck on your scavenger hunt

I played too

6:55 AM  
Blogger Just D said...

can I come over with the kids? We never do anything THAT fun for the 4th... but you've certainly sparked my thoughts!

7:09 AM  
Blogger Natsthename said...

We get the Old Navy shirts every year, too! When we go to the fireworks, we are just part of the Old Navy hoard! ;) We also love pulling out the past year's shirts and reminiscing about where we went/what we did that particular year.
Great list!

7:22 AM  
Blogger Maribeth said...

I'm doing a party here too. Still working out my menu

7:23 AM  
Blogger angela said...

Nat...last year we went to get the shirts too late and all they had was that dark color...you know, the one that draws heat to you. This year we decided that we would pay the extra $5 and just get them online, but they were practically sold out! I was afraid and went to the local store and there were still tons, and in more colors than online...what a relief.

8:08 AM  
Blogger kjam22 said...

Excellent list. And you guys do have the PERFECT spot for the festivities!

I can probably help you out with the patriotic CD. :)

8:09 AM  
Blogger Pink Chihuahua Princess said...

It sounds like you guys really go all out for the 4th! I hope you have a blas and you don't get too stressed out preparing for it. Can you believe that its almost already the 4th?!?!

Happy Thursday!

8:17 AM  
Blogger Just Me said...

Sounds like great fun. Can I come over? LOL

Have a great TT
Elle x

8:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like fun!

8:48 AM  
Blogger Carmen said...

I'm going to visit my parents for the 4th, and I can't wait for the BBQ!

9:01 AM  
Blogger Kimba said...

Have a fun holiday! I just learned a ton of things about the traditions of the 4th...I think that will be my T13 next week!

9:34 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

Sounds like you have a wonderful day planned out! My family never really did much for July 4, so I've never done the big parade/fireworks/BBQ thing. Enjoy!

Thanks for the visit :)

10:13 AM  
Blogger Kendra said...

Ooooo I've already had to resist buying sparklers and lighting them! Plus those little snap pop things that you throw on the ground!

10:34 AM  
Blogger Mama Duck said...

Oooo, I already got Old Navy t-shirts for the whole family, great!

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like a great way to celebrate the 4th.

my list is up

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just bought our annual Old Navy flag t-shirts. The DH *always* wants white - B.O.R.I.N.G. :)

Sounds like a blast, can I be invited, I know you'll need a lot of folks to help eat all that yummy food!!

Have a great day :)

12:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW you sound like READY to enjoy the parade! you have everything listed and ready to buy or find or already have.

And the food...hmmmm sounds yummy!!!

Happy TT, mine is up.

2:55 PM  
Blogger Lazy Daisy said...

I can so relate....it's the same in our little town..Old Navy shirts and all.

3:09 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

When we lived in another community, we LOVED going to the parade...and yes, we used to get their at the early hours and stay through early afternoon. We always staked out the same spot each year. These were wonderful memories for our children.

My TT is up here.

7:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good 13. we live in a community where we can shoot them off ourselves....guess what WE'RE doing?????? : )

7:24 PM  
Blogger Don said...

My favorite patriotic music is Charles Ives "Three Places in New England"

How come you've got 23 comments and I only have 4?

I guess they can't stand me.

And what do you mean by "you old @$#%..."??? I'm very nice. You're mean.

8:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

xoh my! what a list- sounds fun!

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home