Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Believing God

Before I start my blog, I wanted to update you on my friend Sherri's dad, Joe...remember we prayed for him a few months back? He was having some heart issues...Now the doctors are saying that he has congestive heart failure and pneumonia...he is in the hospital...pretty weak. So remember our trigger...coffee (a "cup of Joe")...if you are drinking your coffee (or just if you think of it) say a prayer for Joe, please...thanks:-).

OK, so I admit it...sometimes it takes me a little while to "get with the program"...

I didn't get boot cut jeans until last winter and now I see that the pencil cut jeans are coming back...

Our phones still don't have call waiting...

I still use hot rollers in my hair if I want it to look like something.

I still often wear 3 shades of eye shadow, even though according to iVillage, it should only be 2...

and I didn't start listening to Beth Moore until last fall...

There was a study called "The Patriarchs", which sounded to me like it might be a little more "Bible" than some of the others (this was all in my own little world of "opinion without facts"...thinking that Beth was not quite spiritual enough for me...) and I took it at my church...

And I have to say that while I am still not to the level of "Bethmania" that some have about her, I did enjoy it...it spoke to my heart and I learned some things...

So this summer, I am taking "Believing God" online.

Some of the other adult females in my family are taking it as well...we are kind of loosely doing it together.

We were supposed to get the first lesson done last week, but most of us fell short...the computer wouldn't load it, things came up that were pressing, etc.

I am not sure that any of us completed Lesson One.

I am still working on it (shshsh)....but it is excellent. :-)

So I am telling you about it now, because if you have not taken it, it is fun and encouraging you will learn and become empowered, spiritually...and it can become very personal to you...Beth kind of speaks in a personal, fun way.

I am kind of thinking that may be part of the reason I didn't get lesson one completed...(besides my own disorganization:-))...so that if there were some who might want to take it, they would feel encouraged to do it.

You can do the online video 12 minutes at a time. All the lesssons are there...no books to buy...you print it all out from the site.

If you haven't done it, and you are a Believer, I think it will edify you and build your faith...I think it costs, like $25.00, which if you took it at a church, bought the book, paid for childcare and gas, would probably come out about the same.

If you have been feeling like your life is missing a "little something" but you don't know what, I encourage you to give it a try. As of today, if you sign up now, I will be one hour ahead of you (I have completed the introduction:-))...

Let me know if you do it.

At least go to the site and listen to the short video before you make up your mind:

Beth Moore-Believing God Online Study

(OK, I just watched the invitation video and she is much more personable on the lectures than this looks...she has dogs, she loves coffee...she really is fun...don't let this put you off if you were thinking about it.)

do it do it do it....it will be fun to do together...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll have to look into it!

2:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we have a good group at church that does Beth Moore studies...we love them! awesome teacher.

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home