Thursday, June 15, 2006

Thursday Thirteen..."Dad Jokes"

Thirteen "Dad" Jokes (For Father's Day)

Dad Jokes are typically told to children by their fathers, and are characterized by the 'groan factor'. "They're marked by two distinctive features:a) not funny in the first place and b) become even less funny via endless repetition."
1. "Well, here's my dinner - but what are the rest of you going to eat?" (upon the a big slab of ribs being placed in the center of the table)

2. I'm starving!" and Dad says, "I'm Dad! Nice to meet you."

3. "I'm tired" and Dad says, "Hi, I'm Dad! Nice to meet you."

4. Repeat with "cold".

5. Repeat with "thirsty"

6. Or "Dad did you get your hair cut?" And Dad says "I got them ALL cut."

7. . You're struggling to do something that's obviously giving you grief. After watching for a while, your Dad asks "Can I give you a hand?"

(clap, clap, clap)

8. At the cemetary... "People are dying to get in there"

9. Sighting a "Stop Ahead" sign, he puts his hand on your head.

10. (to his child) "What was your name again?

11. (to his child) "so...married yet?"

12."How do you feel, Dad?" "With my hands..."

13. "Got your nose..." (while holding thumb in fingers)

Go by and visit my friend Don...he has a new blog and said he was going to do a Thursday Thirteen....


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

23 Comments:

Blogger Just D said...

ROFL... very cute, I've heard ALL of them (and even used a few - I'm a nut that way!)... Happy 13

6:33 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Cute idea for Father's Day!!! I enjoyed it.

My Thurs 13 is posted

7:04 AM  
Blogger Carmen said...

Those sound very familiar!

7:52 AM  
Blogger Maribeth said...

Great list. Started my day with a laugh!

8:15 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

Very cute T13. My dad always did #2-5. Have a nice Thursday!

9:03 AM  
Blogger abrowncow said...

*groan* i've heard most if not all of them... i think i've even used a few (but, hey, i'm not a dad!)

cute idea for father's day!

9:16 AM  
Blogger Kendra said...

My dad has told every single one of those jokes! I love it!

10:43 AM  
Blogger Aginoth said...

Sounds like perfectly acceptable Father humour to me....trust me I'm a daddy of 3 ;o)

12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There must be a dad manual out there...

1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, I've heard almost all of those - several times.

1:58 PM  
Blogger Pixie said...

LOL! That was cute. Heard 'em all & then some!

2:45 PM  
Blogger Don said...

Hey, That's my dad's dad. Wait! That's my dad. Oh my,.... it's me....

2:50 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

How funny! I wish my dad made jokes like this...his puns were sooooo much worse!

Cool list!

My T13 is up!

4:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ROFL, these were all cute. I laughed out loud - really loud - on several of them, because I have heard them come out of my own father's mouth :)

Have a great day!

5:30 PM  
Blogger Meira{FB} said...

LOL! Those were good!

6:55 PM  
Blogger Gail Martin said...

I remember my ex doing the first and I burst into tears because he was serious.

7:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We must have the same dad. :)

I use some of those on my daughter (no, mom, I'm THIRSTY! I NEED A DRINK!) lol (really?)

8:35 PM  
Blogger YellowRose said...

Very cute....reminds me of how my grandpa would do with us kids.

12:36 AM  
Blogger Mary Horn said...

Oh, these are soooo true.
My TT is up too.

~Mary

12:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the list! I didn't find it corny at all!

6:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL at #8!

3:08 AM  
Blogger Kimba said...

Oh you so hit my dad on the head!
Thanks for the memories!

Stop by!

8:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and T13 - just reread through yours and realized my dad says #6, but with a twist - he always replies "I got them BOTH cut" LOL! Of course, he's in his 80's so it is more appropriate than saying he got them all cut! :)

Have a great day!

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home