Thursday, June 29, 2006

Thursday Thirteen #5

OK, so I probably shouldn't put this on here, but my friend Kenny (who has done TT a couple of times and not had much response) has put a new cut from our band on his site...it is mostly me, so if you have time, go listen and put a comment in his blog so he can see that TT people WILL visit him...) Thanks :-)

And now one with the show!



Thirteen More Things to Do Before July Fourth



1. Clean out the guest bedroom (otherwise known as "The Big Storage Room for Christmas, Passover and Easter Decorations") and the guest bathroom

2. Clean the carpets (I am about ½ way on this, and besides the stains that will NEVER come out, the amount of dirt that is in the water when you dump it is positively disgusting. It is amazing that we haven't all contracted some disease...).

3. Last shopping for food and party décor (MUST do this before the weekend, when everyone else will be shopping).

4. Pick blackberries (we inherited about 15 feet of blackberry vines when we moved into this house. It is really great to have your own private crop of blackberries, but these have thorns a-plenty. I am picking these daily and I look like I got in a fight with a cat and lost.)

5. Supervise the cleaning of Mango and Todder’s rooms (translation…make them stay in the room while I give them things to do and then do most of the cleaning myself. Normally I wouldn’t go to all this trouble, because these are not the common areas of the house, but since people will be here for the bulk of the day, there will be more opportunity for looking around…)

6. Spray the perimeter of the house (outside) for bugs…June bugs mostly…they never seem to understand that they hae to go once it is July.

7. Assemble the food (see last week’s TT)

8. Supervise the cleaning (AKA "shoveling out") of the gameroom. If I were to go upstairs and topple over every shelf of the toys that should be on them, it could not look more awful at this point. For a general idea of how it will go, see #5, and add Darth to those who will be involved.

9. Move the fencepost snowmen off the front porch. OK, I know this sounds ridiculous, but at Christmas time they were really cute in the flower beds…then around March, they were moved to the corner of the front porch. I think that since the temperature averages in the 90s at this point and people will be coming through the front door, it is time to find a place where the Krempl Snowfamily can vacation out of sight.

10. Here is a tip…if you want to use those vinyl tablecloths for your tables, unfold them now and let them hang now. Then you should have less fold marks. I bought some really cheap gingham looking vinyl ones (white and blue…Dixie brand, I think) at the checkout at Walmart and hung them up yesterday, clamping them on a skirt hanger. The wrinkles seem to be gone.

11. Fourth of July puzzle. This works for any holiday or get together, really. Some people just aren’t talkers and they like working on a puzzle. We used to do this for Christmas too…and we even did some of those 3 D ones (by “we” I mean Greg and some others…I am not a very good puzzler but I do generally get a few pieces in). I am looking tomorrow for a fireworks one or one of those nostalgia/picnic looking ones…

12. Cookies for decorating. This is an addition to the food from the TT last week. Thought about it and my kids would probably like doing this. I am going to just do circles, probably, with white icing and get blue and red in the tubes…and some sprinkles… Then we will also get the added decor of red and blue teeth:-).

13. Hopefully, all of this will be mostly done by Monday evening, so we can all enjoy the day on Tuesday...hoping to only have patriotic toenail painting left to do. Realistically, I will probably be doing last minute stuff…seems like there is always a plethora of that...

Have a wonderful July 4th!


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


29 Comments:

Blogger Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Sounds like you have a great event planned. And I'm sure that everyone will appreciate and enjoy your hospitality. Have fun!

7:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like it will be a fun party!!

Good luck on the preparations!

7:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have a lot to do! All the best with the event!

7:39 AM  
Blogger Carmen said...

it's a holiday. Take some time out from all that work to have some lemonade and relax. :)

7:55 AM  
Blogger Trish Ess said...

Wow! You're busy! Sounds like you're great at event planning. :)

Happy TT!

8:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We always get June bugs in July here. I HATE those buggers. I'm a walker and those things ping me so hard in the head I'm nearly knocked unconscious. lol

Happy 4th!

8:10 AM  
Blogger Lazy Daisy said...

Good luck at all the cleaning (never fun). Hope you have a great 4th celebration.

8:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, I'm worn out just reading your list! but then it's Clean... or at least for a few days. have fun!

8:24 AM  
Blogger Heather Smith said...

Sounds like you'll be busy, but the party should beMine are up here and here! lots of fun!

8:26 AM  
Blogger kjam22 said...

Interesting list. Now I really feel bad about tracking mud in :)

Thanks for the plug to my blog. I would have done a 13 this week.... but being out of town put a damper on it.

Later..

8:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lot to do, good luck!
The blackberries must be nice.
My TT is up.

8:36 AM  
Blogger Darla said...

Oh, I'm cracking up over the snowmen. Why not just give them little flags & red & blue scarves? They could be part of the party decorations!

8:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have a lot to keep you busy! :)

8:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tons of stuff to do! Busy busy. :) Our long weekend is this weekend (Canada Day).

9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is alot of cleaning, I am tired just reading it. I know all about the steam cleaning though. I think I spend 5 minutes trying to get the dirt out of the machine...and then the cat hair!

9:54 AM  
Blogger Lyn said...

Love 4th of July parties...
I've got songs from 1981 at Bloggin' Outloud. Try to guess the artist! lol, lgp

10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW, that's a lot of things to get done and not all that much time yet. I love doing puzzles at the holidays too, although we've never done one around the 4th. I'd be *more than happy* to take those blueberries off your hands for you, if that would help!

Have a terrific holiday!

11:53 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

I think your 4th sounds WONDERFUL!! I hate to watch that water in the carpet cleaner too...UGH!!

I wish you much deserved peace and fun on the 4th.

My TT is up here. Drop by for a visit sometime!!

1:48 PM  
Blogger lisa said...

Laughing about the snowmen :)

And, going to visit your friend

Happy Thursday! Hope you have a great holiday!

1:58 PM  
Blogger YellowRose said...

Sounds like a fun party, what time shall we be there? lol

Hope all goes well and your hard work is rewarded!!

Happy Thursday!

1:58 PM  
Blogger Kendra said...

Wow you really go all out for the 4th! I love #9! I need to get my snowmen put away too. It's only what july we could just wait till winter?

3:35 PM  
Blogger Tina@ SendChocolateNow said...

You are going to be busy.

And I know all about cleaning with kids. Sometimes, I think it would be easier to just get everyone out of the house and do it myself!

Have a great 4th and thanks for visiting my T13.

3:56 PM  
Blogger Moogie said...

Eeegads! You have a lot to do! I need a nap after reading it! Good luck on it all and I hope you have a wonderful time! Thanks so much for stopping by today!

4:09 PM  
Blogger Pink Chihuahua Princess said...

The holidy puzzle for the non-talkers is an EXCELLENT! idea. I'll have to bring my own to my next in-law function.

Thanks so much for stopping by my site and the wonderful comment you left.

Happy Thursday!

6:31 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

I got tired just reading that list! Hope you get it all done and have a great 4th.

6:58 PM  
Blogger Meira{FB} said...

You are going to be busy! My goodness.

Have a happy TT, don't forget to take a break once in a while.

8:23 PM  
Blogger Pixie said...

Yeah I know how you feel; I have a list of "to do" as well. Hope you have a fun 4th. :-)

11:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, busy busy. wishing you all the best on your party!
my 13's up!

3:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Today is 7/5. How was it? I hope it was great and you got everything done!

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home