Friday, June 09, 2006

Shall We Dance? Part 2 2/3

Kristina had posted few days back that the dance had in fact, been moved....

Today (this evening) I received official word that:

1. the dance is no longer on our property
2. they secured another place
3. the church is not paying for it.

I don't know what this means for the long term, but for now, this can be discussed without a pending date on the calendar, forcing the issue.

Thanks Norman and Chris, for working with us, and helping everyone to get what they needed.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This I am sure will make some people happy. Wish it would be enough to fix the damged feelings it created for some.

10:40 PM  
Blogger angela said...

Yep...this was quite an emotional thing for many people, I think.

But you know, if they are trying to fix it, I want to give them opportunity to do that.

We need to be praying for cool heads and a spirit of peace over these next few days... Thanks for posting!

6:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear they are moving it. I think that's for the best.

10:22 AM  
Blogger angela said...

Anonymous...

OK, I missed what you were saying....Kenny says he thinks you wanted the dance at the church...sorry I ddin't get that, but I can see it now.

I am sorry that some were hurt during all of this. And if I don't know you in some other way, this will probably color your view of me as a hurtful type person. I hate that.

I want to say to you that I really really have no trouble with dancing for other people. Maybe not even for myself...I don't know...I'm not too coordinated.:-)

For me, the issue was
1. the location
2. the sponsoring by our church
3. the possibility that this could bleed over into the youth...

I have not, nor would I ever, speak out against the idea of a dance in general. That is for individuals to decide for themselves.

thanks for posting...

2:25 PM  
Blogger Don said...

I'm so glad they took it off campus. Although it's a grey area it has the possibilties of creating a terrible mess if it continues.

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home