Monday, June 26, 2006

Clearing Out for the Fourth

Go over and look at Ken's blog...he has our CD cover on his blog...the CD finally got finished (the proofing etc) last week, so it's gone to press...:-) There is a picture of us at Swadley's, then scroll down into the "Baptism" post...that's where the CD pictures are. Post on there and tell him you want a song playing in the background that is Angela:-).
**********************************************
There are about 3 times a year that I get kind of serious about cleaning...

Thanksgiving/Christmas
Passover/Easter
Fourth of July

On last week's TT, I did make a list of things that I needed to find for the Fourth of July....that was kind of fun.

The cleaning is not the fun part, however....and this is one where we have to clean the inside, the outside, and the extra bedroom (AKA "room that usually gets everything thrown in it when people are coming over")

Oh...AND the toyroom...which is usually a disaster (and my usual stance for that room is "If the kids can take it, so can I..." I just never go in there), but if it is hot on the Fourth (and when would it not be?) sometimes people like to go in there and play foosball or something.

They probably don't like to play anything...they just want to check all the rooms and make sure that they are clean.

So anyway, I started cleaning...

I started with the laundry room...

That might seem like a bizarre choice, but I HATE cleaning when it is just moving something from one place to another, knowing that it will get moved again because it doesn't really belong there. So I start with the laundry room and work out...throwing things away as I go. I am so glad we have one more trash pickup day before the Fourth...maybe two...do they pick up trash on Monday?

So today and tomorrow, closets, hidden areas, etc etc...

Then I will have room to put stuff that is "out" in a good spot...rather than a pile under my bed or something.

All this to say (and I knew you were wondering) I may not be real regular about posting this week...I am going to try to do Thursday, and maybe some other days, but I need to make a dent in some of this in the hidden spots of the house or my mom is going to have to sleep in the kitchen when she visits...

Ahhhh the holidays...:-)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm doing major cleaning as well!

3:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had cleaned for graduation- now it occurs to me it was a month ago... maybe I'd better dust...
have a fun time!

1:54 PM  
Blogger Don said...

I've watched 'She Who Must Be Obeyed' clean. If I get too close I have to vacuum.

Does anybody know the going rate for organizing and cleaning a musicians studio? 'SWMBO' says there's not enough money in this world.

11:50 AM  
Blogger Undercover Angel said...

I have major cleaning to do too! If only the kids would pick up after themselves...

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home