Monday, May 22, 2006

Another Meme

I may not continue any of these, and frankly this week, I am working on my response to James Hunt on his blog for the dance at the Cube, so I may not have alot of spare time to give thoughts on my own blog....but I wanted you to know I am still here...and this was the question for today on the Monday Madness site:

How many simple things have you learned to appreciate more, for one reason or another? Please list them and feel free to elaborate on each.

1. My mom...when I was young, I just kind of took her for granted. Now that I'm a Mom (and a woman) I see how great she is and how lacking I really am. She has a really helpful, gentle spirit and an even temper. And she is wise.

2. My faith...As I look at this world and all the crazy ideas out there, it is comforting to know that God never changes...that His Word never changes...

3. Pets...we have had them and not had them, and while they are alot of work, there are times when you just want to sit in a chair with your dog or cat. It is comforting and relaxing.

4. An evening/weekend at home with all of my family present and no agenda. Seems we always have something to do or something to get ready to do.

5. Using my talents...sometimes I don't get to use them, and when I can again it always feels great.

Have you got any of these?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

great post angela. i am in texas so i'm not on as much as i usually am. but i too am still in the conversation on the whole dancing issue. I am consulting with my brother in law (in seminary here at southwestern...i'm at their home) and also a former pastor of mine, from a small church.

my bro-in-law definately thinks it's wrong as well. you cannot couples dance and be glorifying god. a male cannot dance with a female and not have some type of sensual message flash through his mind. therefore,the focus is on the other person not god.

dancing for married couples isn't an issue to me, this whole singles thing is...
*sigh* ok i should either email you or put this on james's post...sorry i was just venting!

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home