Tuesday, April 04, 2006

2 Important Announcements (and some colored bread)

Well...important to me, anyway...:-)

1. Greg was appointed the Medical Director of the Otorhinolaryngology Department as of yesterday. So now, he is (drum roll please...)

Associate Professor
MD
FACS
Program Director
and
the Medical Director

I think that about covers it on that front. Just wanted everyone to know.:-):-)

2. Not nearly as important, but still noteworthy...the time for Amazing Race has been changed (this week, if not permanently) to Wednesday at 7:00 on CBS.
*********************************
Another thing we like to do for the Saturday Spring Egg Scavenger Hunt is have a little Spring Tea Party and have our sandwiches on colored bread. I am telling you this now, because if you decide to do it, it takes a little extra planning.

Spring Tea Party Bread

1. loaf Rhodes frozen bread
2. non stick spray
3. bread pan
4. food coloring (I usually use blue, red and yellow)

Thaw the bread according to the directions.

Split the thawed bread into three sections.

Add one color to each piece of dough and knead until the color has been somewhat incorporated. Sometimes I really work on it and sometimes just a little)

You can twist the sections together or just put all three separate pieces in the greased breadpan.

Let the bread rise, and then bake according to the package directions.

I will probably make this on Friday, but I bought the stuff for it today...Happy Baking!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

An amazing man, our Greg! We already knew that, but it is encouraging (in times when so much is not) to see such news. Happy, happy!

Mom

11:00 PM  
Blogger angela said...

Thanks for the kind thoughts...we are proud of him, too...and we know he will continue to do great things;-)...

6:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to Greg. Funny thing, I remember when your oldest girl was in my sunday school class. I would ask her what she wanted to be when she grew up and she said "a gogter, wike my dad". Then I would ask what he did and she would say "makes people feewl bettew..." :) SO CUTE! I also remember when you were pregnant with your youngest, and I would ask your oldest girl if she knew if you were having a girl or a boy and she would say "they said it's a giwl, but I fink it's a boy..." I asked her why and she said "..because giwls have pigtails, and the picture didn't have pigtails, so it's a boy..." THEN she proceeded to say something about the baby coming around Christmas and she said "I don't know how we're getting the baby out...." I told her to ask you! ;)

10:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah. Side note, my hubby Ronnie is in PA school at OUHSC. He graduates Dec 07. Starts rounds the end of this year...

10:01 PM  
Blogger angela said...

Kristina,

I remember when my oldest was in your class, too...and when she talked like that. She used to call the kitchen the "chicken"...and we all thought it was so cute and never corrected her...Then one day, she came to me all excited and said, "MOMMY! Listen to this...This room in here (pointing) isn't called the ch ch chicken....it's called the k k kitchen!" She was so happy, but I was kind of sad...it was so cute to hear her say she was in the chicken. Ahhhhh, memories.

Best wishes on Ronnie's last leg of the PA...it's amazing how much they learn from the start of everything to the end, isn't it? Keep me updated!

5:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home