Wednesday, March 22, 2006

12 Disciples Song

Amazing Race...OK, not a complete victory. The mom and daughter were OK, albeit a little flighty. But I can think of some I would have wanted gone first...like those icky boys who came in first. So I am focusing my energies on the following teams being removed, in this order...(drum roll, please)

Eric and Jeremy
Lake and Michelle
Dani and Danielle
Fran and Barry

It's good to have a goal, right? :-)

So here is something else...my 6 year old is learning the names of the disciples in a song. I didn't write it, but it works...and also dispells the notion that Luke was a disciple (which I thought until last Sunday...I used to think Mark was one, too...sheesh)

Here are the words and the tune in Bringing In the Sheaves (which may help some of you not, but for us oldies, it works fine.). The first paragraph is the verse of that hymn (which is the useful part and I am stopping there) but if you must have closure:-), the last paragraph is the chorus.

Print it off and try to learn it...it will make you feel smart. :-)

Tune if you need it :-)

Bringing In the Sheaves

There were 12 disciples Jesus called to help Him:
Simon Peter, Andrew, James, his brother John,
Phillip, Thomas Matthew,
James the son of Alphaeus,
Thaddaeus, Simon, Judas,
and Bartholomew.

He has called us too,
He has called us too.
We are His disciples.
I am one, are you?
He has called us too.
He has called us too.
We are His disciples,
we His work must do.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

unless you put a comma between "Thomas Matthew" there are only 11 disciples. Heresy! (Yes, I'm being sarcastic.)

9:04 AM  
Blogger angela said...

WOW...this was a BURIED post....I can't believe you found it. :-)

You are right...but I assure you that the mistake was grammatical, not heretical. For the record

Simon Peter, Andrew, James, his brother John, Phillip, Thomas, Matthew, James the son of Alpheus, Thaddeus, Simon, Judas, and Bartholomew. Hope I ddin't make different errors that time...but I did do it from memory, so I guess the song worked...for me, anyway.

Visit again soon! :-)

a

1:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My 59yo play sister wanted the words to the song. She called me before church yesterday and we tried to come up with the words; it was hillarious. Even the old VBS leaders flopped,after church. Today on a whim I decided to google "disciple song"; first listing. Who would have thought?
Thanks!

7:34 PM  
Blogger Miss B said...

I realize this post is old, but I have been looking for this song for a long time!!

Thanks!!

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home