Monday, March 27, 2006

So......Was It Wonderful???? (update to Friday)

Yep...I would say for the most part it was pretty wonderful.

Our babysitter was sick Friday night, so it was unsure if she would be able to watch kids Saturday evening so that we could go to Swadley's to play (and if you live in the OKC area and haven't been to Swadley's, shame on you! It is wonderful food in a family atmosphere ---at least every 2nd and 4th Saturday night:-)----and you are MISSING OUT!) but as young people seem to do, she bounced back on Saturday.

Swadley's was very energized and fun...people even singing with us sometimes...(if you want a quiet evening, you probably need to sit in the room off to the side:-), but it's cute too.)

Then Sunday went fine...a very relaxed evening with our "small group"...Then we got the kids to bed and watched a terrible (as in "dumb", not scary or anything...)movie, which seems to be our pattern...but if it was good I would have felt bad for falling asleep halfway through for about 15 minutes...(I know I'm the only one that does that).

THE POINT IS...everything went fine. And I didn't have to take Prilosec over and over because of worry. I just took care of things the best I could, pretended to be relaxed and for some of it, I really was.

It's going to take practice, but I'm going to try to "expect something wonderful" for awhile longer and see how things work out....not that my positive expectations will change anything for the good, but being all twisted up about it doesn't seem to be helping, and generally it does seem that things work out better than I think.

I know some of you are thinking, "Well, duh, 'Berean Girl'...don't you read your Bible??" and as a matter of fact, I do, and I thought of those verses, too...

Luke 12:25-26
Can all your worries add a single moment to your life? Of course not! And if worry can't do little things like that, what's the use of worrying over bigger things?

1 Peter 5:7
Casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully.

Philippians 4:6-7
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Yuba City Auto Locksmith said...

Nice post thanks for ssharing

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home