Friday, March 31, 2006

Adding or Taking Away?

During this Lent time of reflection, I am thinking about the things I do with my life on a daily/weekly/monthly basis. Sometimes I seem to have to do that, because I am kind of a packrat (physically and emotionally).

So I am in the slow process of evaluating

Things that once had a huge purpose in my life that really don't now, but I still spend the same time on them...

Things that make me sad or tired but I keep doing them even though they aren't that important in the grand scheme of things...

Things that I did a certain way because my children were tiny but now they are older and maybe I could do them an easier, more convenient way for me...

Things that seemed to be part of the path to my goals but have shown themselves not to be...

Things that have crowded my life unnecessarily.

I had some rather admirable goals (I thought they were, anyway...) and they have not gotten much attention.

With some of them (with my children), time is slipping away. The door of opportunity will close, and I am wondering now if I have time to complete those things.

Anyway, just thinking about that today...are the things in my life adding positives or taking them away simply by their existence in my days?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home