Thursday, March 23, 2006

The Reason (One of Many) that I Love the Choir

I don't know who looks at this, if there is anyone who does that is thinking about joining the choir, I want to encourage you to give it a try.

What I love about the choir is that it has so many different kinds of people in it. All ages, all educational levels, different talents, different personalities....

For example... I am not great about keeping small talk going.

But in the choir, you can sit by someone and work together singing, and not only do you usually help each other to master the song, but in order to interact with your choir neighbor, it is really only a comment or two at best...so you say one or two witty things and the other people probably think you would have more, but you didn't say them because you shouldn't be talking in choir.

But sometimes, there is more to it. Like last night....

I was sitting in choir, and a sweet girl that I'll just call Linda who I know enough to play with and tease, but I don't know everything about her, was sitting behind me said, "Angela, can I talk to you after choir?". I looked at my watch, thinking, "Yeah, that would be nice, but I have to make sure I get my kids on time", but it was early, so I said, "Sure".

And after choir, she asked me if I was OK. I thought she meant because I looked kind of bedraggled (which is normal on a Wednesday evening...or ANY evening, actually:-)), but she went on to say that she had felt impressed to pray for me last week. And I thought about it and realized that there had, in fact, been a couple of times in the week when things had threatened to come unraveled, but they came out OK...really better than OK....good! And I gave her a hug and thanked her (she's a keeper!)

But then I realized that if we weren't in choir together, I wasn't sure what else we would have been together...

I have little kids and if she has kids, they are probably all grown...

Most of my time is spent with kids or Grafted In...so choir is kind of the place where I see her (and others who are not doin' kids and country gospel bands:-)... )

And right now, we are doing some crankin' music in choir.

So if you are thinking about coming to take a peek, you should....no obligation. I think you will enjoy the people and the fun that we have in there...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always wanted to join the choir...I've told Norm that. But God has led my heart to the kids. Awana especially. That is where I have been making my Wed nights...AND...for the first time since I joined our church I have been able to attend Wed night service as well!

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home