Friday, March 24, 2006

Something Wonderful

Well, I sent you to my friend, Paul Dallgas Frey's webpage a couple of weeks ago. He has some good Bible stories, and a few Lent-themed writings. Today, I was reading his more personal information about his children and his bout with cancer.

There were many good and encouraging things in there, but one in particular, struck me...Here is the link, but I am going to tell you what I came away with...

Something Wonderful

Why do I always face the unfamiliar with a sense of dread?

The kids and I are home tonight and Greg is working late. I have a good dinner planned that everyone likes, I have a movie for us all to watch...it should be a good evening. But I have to fight the feeling of "Yuck...it probably will be not that fun".

Yesterday most of my regular Bible Study group did not come...so the other girl (there were only 2 of us in this particular small group) suggested we go in another group...I thought, "Ugh..." I know! It's awful isn't it? (you know, this has nothing to do with the people or anything else like that...it is my inflexible nature...it is a rare day when I don't follow the original plan on ANYTHING)And the funny thing is that the group was AWESOME! The small group leader was tremendous...I felt SO BLESSED during my time there.

Tomorrow is going to be a kind of busy day...and Sunday, too. But am I looking toward them with a joyful anticipation? (If you think I am, you are not paying attention...) I am worrying if the days will go smoothly...will I get everything done, etc...

My friend, Jerry, once said to me that it seemed that the anticipation of the event was often worse than the event itself(he was speaking of my tendencies, not his own, and said this is the sweetest way.) And it was kind of a lightbulb moment for me.

Then I read Paul's story (at the above link...just go read it!) and I thought, "I could just decide to believe for a really fun, great

Bible Study
Weekend
Evening with my children

and approach it that way."


I'm going to try it.

(ahem)
"Tonight is going to be a really FUN night with my children...and tomorrow and Sunday are going to be REALLY GREAT DAYS together with my family and doing music (which I love---both)."

Thanks Paul, for being the next in a series of attitudinal nudges in a painless way...

BTW...nothing Saturday or Sunday on here...just 2 great days...see you Monday:-)

1 Comments:

Blogger kjam22 said...

I didn't see the movie..... But the I thought the music portion of Saturday went really good!

6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home