Friday, March 17, 2006

So much to do...

A friend and I were talking about how the end of a break like Spring Break always brings with it the realization that although we kind of postponed real life for a few days, it is still here waiting for us...and sometimes it is overwhelming. It made me think of this poem. I don't know who wrote it, but it has a good thought...

Thank You, Lord

Lord, thank You for this sink of dirty dishes;
we have plenty of food to eat.

Thank You for this pile of dirty, laundry;
we have plenty of nice clothes to wear.

And I would like to thank You, Lord, for those unmade beds;
they were so warm and comfortable last night.

My thanks to You, Lord, for this bathroom,
complete with all the splattered mirrors,
soggy, grimy towels and dirty sink.

Thank You for this finger-smudged refrigerator
that needs cleaning.
It is full of cold drinks and enough leftovers
for two or three meals.

Thank You, Lord, for this oven that absolutely
must be cleaned today;
It has baked so many things over the years.

The whole family is grateful for that tall grass
that we all enjoy in the yard.
My kids are healthy and able to run and play.

Lord, the presence of all these chores awaiting me says
You have richly blessed my family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home