Thursday, May 18, 2006

Thursday Thirteen #2



Thirteen Things that I Have Tried in the Past and Would Like to be Proficient at/Consisten With




1….Getting everything clean at once
2. Putting away decorations once a season has passed.
3. Calligraphy
4. Knitting/Crochet
5. Original music stuff...working my music program, playing piano by ear
6. Landscaping our yard
7. Quilting
8. Scrapbooking
9. Bible/Bible culture maven
10.Getting my own cool signature "look" that is unique and current, but doesn't make people roll their eyes because I am trying to look too young.
11. Cake Decorating
12. Meal rotation for the entire year (I could add other things, but then it would be a no brainer to grocery shop, cook, etc, if I needed it to be).
13. Being in the moment with my family.




Links to other Thursday Thirteens!


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!




Remember to Leave a Comment:-)

14 Comments:

Blogger Wendy Boucher said...

Very nice list. I wish you lots of luck finding your signature look. I've been trying and failing at that one my whole life. If you figure out the secret, SHARE!!!

6:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice list! I would love to learn calligraphy and cake decorating!

My 13 are up.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Janne/136946#current

6:52 AM  
Blogger Angie said...

Great lsit! You better get busy! I would also love to learn calligraphy!

7:06 AM  
Blogger Carmen said...

I think that's a very lofty and good list. :)

7:36 AM  
Blogger tlwest said...

Hey I would love to learn how to meal rotate! I know how to crochet but I never remember to get the stuff out when I finally sit down. I guess I should get one of those nice storage boxes ;)

7:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you think capris & a teeshirt isn't enough for a signature look? I have friends who always look so put together. of course, they are skinny, but even when I was skinny, I didn't dress that way. earring are my new goal. I wouldn't mind learning to knit, but I don't know what I'd do with the stuff I knitted...

8:18 AM  
Blogger Jane said...

I am thinking of learning to knit or crochet too! I think it would be a good 'take along' craft. I think your list is a great wish list. Hope you accomplish all of it.
My list is up....would love for you to stop by.
Be blessed.

8:37 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Great List! Meal Rotation? Gosh, I'd settle for.. oh never mind. Happy Thursday! -Mix

8:40 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

Great list! Knitting is very relaxing and easy!

My list is up!

2:05 PM  
Blogger Just Me said...

I love knitting. I find it a great way to relax

Hope you had a great TT
Elle x

7:18 PM  
Blogger Undercover Angel said...

I would love to have everything clean at once, but with 4 kids it's rather unlikely that it's going to happen.

9:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are some good goals...I like the last one best...sort you like me wanting to hear the birds...being with your family in the present!

9:15 PM  
Blogger Tina@ SendChocolateNow said...

I love the name of your blog. As far as your "Current Look" just go with what feels good...and if they laugh, so what. I highly doubt you are into multi-colored hair and body piercings. I turn 40 in July. I have Rock Star Hair LOL (red with blonde highlights, length below my shoulders. I love it, makes me feel young. Just go for it. 40 is the new 27. You are as young as you feel.

12:46 AM  
Blogger Kimba said...

I, myself, have recently taken up cake decorating, and I have to say it's been a blast!

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home