Monday, May 01, 2006

Thanks a Thousand:-)

Well, over the weekend, my hits made it over 1000...that is pretty cool...even if it is just my mom visiting over and over to get my numbers up (Actually, it was sitting at 998 and I did just go back a couple of time to make it go to 1000...nothing big happens...it's like one of those video games that you finish and all it does it roll credits...there should be a TA-DAH or something).:-) So, I wanted to draw everyone's attention to that, and to say thanks for your prayers for (coffee) Joe. I am sure he could still use any prayer you might offer up on his behalf, but he did go home yesterday.

My Grandpa (flowers) Bud is still in the hospital, and I think if he ever entertained the thought of just getting up and walking out of there over the last few days that is over:-). They took him on a "walk", which was just down the hall, and I think it was plenty for him. Greg said he looked good, though, which is good to hear.

I feel as though I am sitting at the top of the big hill on a roller coaster today...the final rehearsals for Swan Lake are the this week. I am one of the wranglers for my daughter's class tonight. Actually I was shocked that no one had signed up for tonight (you HAD to sign up for one sometime this week) because it is the shortest one. The curtain call, then the prologue (which is her big moment) and then we can go home. If you wait until later in the week (Thursday-Friday) you have to stay to the bitter end, because they run it all in order. I think God just kind of saved today back for me.

Last year the girls just ran amok when they were not on stage.

So this year, at least on MY watch, I am going to have something for them to do and then I am going to be the antithesis of the KoolAid mom and make them SIT DOWN in the room. I will have crayons and coloring books like everyone, but I am also going to experiment with pipe cleaners and beads so that they can make a little "creation" without glue, paint, etc. If you have ideas of other crafty things like this (non messy and not too difficult), they would be welcome. I think someone else is bringing a video one night.

So tonight, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday we will be Swan Lake-ing it...ours is such a life of culture (not:-)).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yarn dolls? You know - the kind you take cardboard and wrap yarn around multiple times, tie off the head,and use what's left for legs. Seems like you do a second wrap around for arms. Bet it is online with a better description. Can also do this wrapping thing and make pom poms - an easier deal I think. Big help, right?
ily Mom

11:29 PM  
Blogger momteacherfriend said...

I was 1100! woohoo! Do I win anything? :D

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home