Friday, April 07, 2006

Spring Tea Plans

OK, so I am trying to stay true to my commitment NOT to blog on the weekend...so here is what we are doing tomorrow for the Spring Egg Hunt and Tea...

Early morning...Chocolate donuts and (for those who want it:-)) hot chocolate with "Peeps"...gotta carb load for the physical exertion to come.:-)

Late morning...

hunt for eggs in the backyard, which has all those pretty purple flowers, so the hiding should be easy. I always try to get Greg to hold off on that first mowing of the backyard, because I think those flowers look so "spring".

For the tea, we will have

colored bread (which is now thawing...got a little bit of a late start on that---eeeek!),
peanut butter and jelly
deli turkey
deli ham
spray cheese:-) with bagel chips
cheese slices in the cellophane wrappers
granny smith (green)applesauce in the individual containers
baby carrots
7Up Plus (the pink one)
Candy from the eggs

No scones, lemon curd, etc...also, no tea

Then, for dinner, I found some bunny shaped nuggets in the freezer section (what will they come up with next????. Fresh green beans that were steamed and refrigerated with Ranch dressing, tater tots, strawberries and (I am sure) more candy.

Monday...more talk about Passover. Have a great weekend!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey!
I ran across your blog from Pastor Ricks. I want to check it out some more, but it's great to see someone else I know blogging. Remember me? Your oldest daughters SS teacher when she was 2. She was so delightful! Anyway, I wanted to stop in and say hello and see how you were doing.

You can visit my main page but I would like your opinion on my post from yesterday.

http://newmommy4god.blogspot.com/2006/04/who-am-i.html#links

You have 3 kids, and I want to know if you "know who you are" outside of being a mother.

Have a great weekend, talk to you later.

9:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the note on my blog. I appreciate your advice. More than anything I want to be a mom and a wife. You are right. I think that when the time comes I'm supposed to develop the "other" me, the part of me that isn't a mother anymore (you know what I mean) then God will reveal that to me. For now I will plan on being the best wife and mother I can be...

11:23 PM  
Blogger angela said...

I do know what you mean...they will need you but it won't be so intense...I have seen that with my two older ones...

You know the biggest problem that I have in that way is trying to do it ALL....Being a good mom and wife is improtant to me, but I have some other things that I want to do that have nothing to do with that.

And then I fall into feeling guilty no matter what I am doing...

feeling guilty for not working on music if I am doing family stuff...

feeling guilty if I am doing family because music needs attention and my house is a wreack...

feeling guilty because I need to do music and spend time with my kids, but I am cleaning (OK...that one doesn't happen much). I'm not the greatest prioritizer...

Thanks for posting and I'll be back to look at your site again...:-)

5:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH. Also, I love designing/playing with blogs. If you want me to make you a template I would be happy to. Just tell me what you have in mind. I designed mine, and I can't start with a blank one, I edit one already used. So it would probably be in the format of mine but I could do backgrounds, color, pictures...just let me know!

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home