Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Names of God Part 2

OK....when I found the Sacred Name Bible, I thought that they had pretty much done what I talked about in the above post....I thought that they had gone through the King James and simply inserted the three main names of God instead of the coded stuff (LORD, Lord, GOD, etc).

But then I looked at it again today, and checked some of the verses against Strongs and it appears that for the most part (maybe all, but I can't say that), John Hurt has changed the words "God" and "Lord" to the specific Hebrew names...very cool, I think.

Apparently, there are people who think that if you speak a particular name of God, it has some kind of magical quality, and therefore, there is some controversy with the whole Sacred Names thing (and I think that movement is actually called "Sacred Names" with an s)...in looking at this site, it does not seem that Mr. Hurt is going there....so don't you go there either.

God is not a genie in a bottle and just because you know that one of His names is Jehovah Rapha (the Lord, your healer), He is not compelled to heal a disease.

BUT I do think this is useful, because the names are right in the text.

You can use it for free online or download the software for a nominal fee.

There are other features there as well. To view the entire site, click on the HTML Bible in the sidebar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home