Saturday, September 16, 2006

You KNOW you have been waiting for this....

Amazing Race is back....Tomorrow night 7:30

I can't believe it is on Sundays now...

Here's what I found out so far. Straight print is the writeup (or my opinion of it) Italicized is the preshow interview. Yellow means I am hoping they won't last.

Bilal and Sa'eed-Muslim best friends (both male)...
In watching the pre-show interview, they seemed nice enough...they are hoping to give Muslims a positive face by the way they deal with other teams....

David and Mary-married parents
David is a coal miner...they are pretty country-fied. Met while working at McDonalds. Have not traveled abroad, but have been learning phrases...Could like them...

Duke and Lauren-father/daughter
Apparently had a fallout earlier in life, and were estranged. They are hoping this will help them to bond. Neither has traveled overseas. This was kind of a boring interview.

Dustin and Kandace-best friends (both female)
Met at the Miss America competition. One is now a Rockette. These girls are way too much on cutiepie...They are starting in the hole with me, I think.

Erwin and Godwin-brothers
These two could be cute or annoying...I think that they think they are funny. We've seen that before and it could go either way.

Kellie and Jamie-cheerleader best friends
I don't know...we already have Dustin and Kandace...do we really need these two? They both want to be on television...No travel abroad...One knows some Spanish...the other knows "Hola". Sigh...I don't think they will be my pick.

Lyn and Karlyn-best friends (both female)
These are some nice girls...I don't think they have a chance. No study abroad, no real command of languages...are planning to "wing it"

Peter and Sarah-Iron Man competitors, friends, she has an artificial leg
Lots of discussion about her leg. Fluent in German and Spanish. Think they have a distinct advantage over the other teams (I don't see how this could be, but am open to being convinced)

Rob and Kimberly-bartender/cocktail waitress, dating, living together..I have to say this...in the write up it says that their relationship has experienced some rocky moments, but they decided to move in together. hmmm.
In the preshow interview, I did not get anything from it that made me feel better. I don't think they will get along. I am not sure how prepared they are beyond maybe some working out.

Tom and Terry-dating (both men)
I don't know if they will make it past the first week. They say that they are already doing the Amazing Race by living in NYC.

Tyler and James-best friends Lost touch but found each other again while in drug rehab
These are the male version of Kellie/Jamie/Dustin/Kandace. Oh well, what's good for the goose....

Vipul and Arti-married...first Indian American team to run the race. Speak many languages.
Preshow video-I like them...he is wearing a tacky shirt, but they seem even and pretty normal. I don't know how in shape they are but they seem to be...

Well...I know what my first impressions are (and you never get a second chance to make a first impression:-)) and who I am going to be rooting for initially. But I can be fickle, so who knows?

I'll be back with my own report of how it went on Monday.

5 Comments:

Blogger BlondeBrony said...

I love amazing race.
My husband and I watch it together.

1:15 PM  
Blogger Don said...

What in the world is amazing race?

3:16 PM  
Blogger kjam22 said...

So we watched Amazing Race tonight. Missed the 1st half of the cowboy's game....

Interesting diverse group of people they have assembled there.

9:16 PM  
Blogger angela said...

It wasn't naughty or mean...just a spam thing. Just so you know ;-)

12:25 AM  
Blogger kjam22 said...

I saw the spam add. Tought I was at the shopping channel for a minute there :)

6:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home