Thursday, August 10, 2006

Thursday Thirteen #10

I can feel myself getting crabby...I am helping with another VBS this week...choreography for the elementary aged children. Not my best thing...And it makes me feel about 100 year old in the afternoon...I am soooooo out of shape (I guess...I didn't realize it until now.)

Anyway, in an effort to adjust my attitude (since there are two more days of this), I am focusing on the good of this week.



Thirteen Things to be Thankful for this week...(as my attitude is deteriorating...)


1 No one is sick.

2. Todder is a year older and much better able to tolerate the nursery this week than she was this time last year.

3. Greg is in town this week (I think last year as I did this VBS, he was gone...)

4. Our air conditioner is fixed in the upstairs.

5. It only cost us $150.

6. The kids enjoyed camping out in the living room (even Todder) for the 4 days that it was NOT working.

7. I have not made a fool out of myself yet with my shmokin' dance moves (as far as I know)...

8. Today is Thursday so only 2 more days (including today) of potential #7.

9. I did use this week as an excuse to eat carbs, which was kind of fun at first but now I am going to stop that.

10. No car problems.

11. So far, my mega-grocery-shopping of last week has held out and I haven't had to go back to Wally World.

12. There wasn't really anything else that demanded my attention this week, which is nice...(go to VBS, lead music, go home and fall apart)

13. This little adventure into the world of "movement" has reaffirmed to me the need to get on an exercise program...which I am starting next week with Robin Wall...I am pretty excited about that.


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!






Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look all the good things there are....Good luck on the next few days.

Happy Thursday!

6:58 AM  
Blogger Carmen said...

accentuate the positive!

7:22 AM  
Blogger Lynn said...

Today's our last night of VBS....Yeah! Yes, you are right to focus on the positive;-) This is my 10th year directing VBS and every year I say I won't do it but here I am again.....maybe next year;-) Hope the rest of the week is great, and thank you for volunteering....we all need more of you!

8:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I only wish we HAD air conditioning, even if it was broke! lol

Great list, mine is up too :=)
Mandy

9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck on the VBS

9:28 AM  
Blogger Lyn said...

Good way to adjust your attitude. Smile! :-) Thanks for visiting my T13 - Classic Books I've Never Read Edition at Bloggin' Outloud. lgp

11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you for looking at the positive side of things!

I'm not sure I could have maintained a positive attitude with no air conditioner! Good thing it didn't cost that much to fix!

11:14 AM  
Blogger Frances D said...

The air conditioner in our store went out as soon as it hit 100 degrees outside. We were without for two days. There was no where cool to camp out.
Good Luckw ith the exercise program.
My TT is up.
Take care,
Frances

11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good thing to look at the postive. My TT is about why I enjoy my kids.(trying to be more positive and less grouchy at them). And is the broken A/C thing contatgious? We just had ours fixed this AM

2:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

EEK!! the mention o that place sends shivers down my back.

Great list

4:53 PM  
Blogger Lazy Daisy said...

Sounds like a successful VBS. Glad your air conditioner is fixed.

8:21 PM  
Blogger Don said...

It's 108'!!! How in the world did you survive?

I'm getting a visual of the schmokin' dance moves. It doesn't go away when I close my eyes.

Wally World? I went there for the first time since before Thanksgiving. That place is so ghastly.

11:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

see, I bet you got through your VBS week just fine!! mega shopping, huh... sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home