Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Thursday Thirteen #11



Thirteen Things I Still Want/Need to do Before the Start of School (Next Wednesday)





1. Make sure there are an adequate number of clothes that fit Darth and Mango.

2. Get Mango's hair (which is down to her waist) trimmed up about 6 inches so that I can...

3. Practice French braiding her hair. I really really want to be able to do this so that I can give her hair a break from "the ponytail"...

4. Cull the toys in the playroom.

5. Label all school supplies.

6. Clean out the van. We drive about 25 minutes to school each way and it looks like I am driving a garbage truck.

7. Supervise the straightening of Mango andDarth's rooms...once school starts it is just a pipe dream to really get their rooms clean.

8. Purge the hooks where the backpacks, light jackets, etc should be...I still have winter stuff there...such a procrastinator.

9. Move the few (and it really is a few) things in the garage that are preventing me from putting the van in there. It is a billion degrees here in the afternoon and at best, the van cools to about 85 on the ride home. I need to give us a chance of cool by not having the van outside at 2:30 in the afternoon.

10. Getting the kids back to the "school" bedtime...

11. Getting myself back to the "school bedtime"

12. I need to get an exercise outfit for the class I signed up for (twice a week...hope I can do it:-))

13. Laundry laundry laundry...but when is that not the case?



Links to other Thursday Thirteens!



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


8 Comments:

Blogger Kimba said...

My daughter doesn't start until Sept. 1st, and I'm sooo glad! We're off to buy school supplies tonight! Good luck, esp. with the "school bedtime"!

5:52 PM  
Blogger Don said...

I can't believe that kids have to go to school in August. It's terrible. They should start after Labor Day and get out in the middle of May.

I hated school. That's why I'm cursed to be a teacher.

6:19 PM  
Blogger Mama Kelly said...

ah we shall be doing the haircuts, clothing sort, and toybox culling in our home as well in the next few weeks

the annual end of summer rite of passage LOL

mama kelly
http://purplemoongarden.wordpress.com

8:33 PM  
Blogger Jennfactor 10 said...

Boy, that is truly the back to school list. We've been working on the bedtime transition. Happy TT!

8:57 PM  
Blogger kjam22 said...

It is getting that time. Darth and Mango? :) You should have named them Rock and Roll. :)

8:28 AM  
Blogger Norma said...

#10 and #11 are so important. You are smart to be working on those.

My TT is up.

7:01 PM  
Blogger Irish Church Lady :) said...

Woooo...you're gonna be busy. Thanks for visiting me TT.

I hope you get to strike all those things off your to do list. That's always rewarding!! :)

12:55 PM  
Blogger Cindy Swanson said...

I've always thought French braids were one of the loveliest hairstyles ever...and little girls look especially adorable!

Hey, the name of my church is "Berean." :)

7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home