Friday, August 11, 2006

The Body of Christ:-)

I had a thought about the Body of Christ the other day...

You know, when you think about a body, you think about

arms
legs
hands
feet
elbows
knees

Or maybe

eyes
ears
mouth
nose

Or maybe

lungs
heart
brain

So let's say someone elbow in the Body of Christ and someone else is a lung. An elbow can take alot of abuse...you can cut it, burn it, bang it....and it's no big deal.

But a lung....if you cut your lung, or get smoke in your lungs or something...now that is serious, or it can be.

Some things regenerate...like skin. And some, like an eyeball, do not.

Oftentimes when I hear something that differs from what I thought Scripture said, I kind of get a feeling of "I better go and look that up, because that's sure not what I thought."...Even if it is a minor point.

Or if someone says something like, "I think Noah might have said to his sons on a really hot day (insert a thought here)."

And I think, "That makes me uncomfortable that that person is adding to Scripture."

But it might not bother someone else at all...

I heard someone take a Scripture out of context the other day...not a big deal one...not one that anyone would miss salvation over...and I heard someone say that Paul did something that he didn't when he was Saul. No biggie I guess, but it hit me like a bucket of cold water.

Maybe that makes me, like, a nose hair in the Body of Christ...you know...kind of sifting out the stuff that shouldn't go in. And if it gets too long, it's kind of unsightly and ugly. :-) You wouldn't want a whole Body of nosehairs, but I guess there need to be a few.

Aren't you glad you stopped by?:-)

See you next week.

3 Comments:

Blogger Malissa said...

haha:)

I have seen your name on the blogging chicks and never stopped by and this is the first thing of yours I read!:)

9:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha, you crack me up angela!

11:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ps that was regarding the nose hair comment. i enjoyed reading this post though.

11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home