Tuesday, August 01, 2006

9-11

This is going to just be some rambling I am afraid...but I hate looking at my SBC Yahoo Homepage where I have an RSS feed to my blog and it says "No items in the past three days". So here is my post to get rid of that.

This week I am in a semi-panic mode because I am leading the music for another Vacation Bible School session. I love to do it, but it requires some physical coordination, and those who know me personally know that I am not:-). But I am getting better all the time...I think.

Usually I buy groceries for a week. But this week I will be buying for 2 weeks (I hope) because once VBS is over for the day, I am pretty much done.

I have been keeping meal plans (dinner only) on my sister page Bein Berean's 101 in 1001, because I am compiling a rotating menu. I think I have enough to rotate my summer menu 3 times, but if I have left out something delicious please let me know (if you go and look over there and don't feel compelled to do so...I don't even have all 101 things on there yet:-)), bearing in mind that I don't know how to use the grill and the main dish can't be really starchy.

Oh, and my husband is "allergic" to fish....

yeah...right.

I also worked on my 2996 Project today (bloggers remembering the lives of people from September 11). Timothy E Reilly is my person (see sidebar), and as I look at the comments that people have written about him (remembering times past) I have to say that it seems he was a wonderful person. I still have about 75 more notes to look through to gather my info, but I am feeling pretty good about what I have. If you would like to sign up for the 2996 project, click here. I don't think that they have enough people even yet, and if it was my relative or husband, I wouldn't want them to be left out.

Another thing I had on my list (and I still have time...my 1001 days is up April 1 2009 I think:-)) that I tried to do last weekend was learn how to solve cryptograms. My grandmother used to do that all the time. She said that it helped keep her mind sharp. I thought doing them would remind me of her, and it does, sort of. In the way that my attempting to play the piano by ear would make me think of her...It would make me think "How did she DO that????" I felt the same way with the cryptograms. But I am not giving up.

Anyway, I need to go and practice the Artic Edge school age songs some more (for those who knew that I did a VBS already, I did the 3-year-old classes...not quite the same thing:-)). And I am counting it as exercise time...two birds with one stone (and it does make me tired...whine, whine)

Have a great day.:-)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to read your posts again! I'll check out your other blog too>

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home