Thursday, July 27, 2006

Thursday Thirteen #8



Thirteen Singing Jobs and Venues




1.Dorabella in the opera “Cosi Fan Tutti” Oral Roberts University 1985 (that makes me feel reeeeeaaaaaallllllyyy old)

2. Mary, Mother of Jesus in the opera “House By the Stable” Oral Roberts University 1985

3. Alto, soloist in “Promise” (college music ministry group, traveling the Midwest (first time to Iowa:-)) Summer 1986 Oral Roberts University.

4. Alto and soloist in “Ladies and Gentlemen of Jazz” (small ensemble in college) 1985-87 Oral Roberts University.

5. Alto, soloist, music leader in “Lifeline” (college music ministry team, traveling the western part of the US….including Hawaii for three weeks… )Summer 1986 Oral Roberts University.

6. Tulsa Opera Chorus (“Madame Butterfly”, “HMS Pinafore”) 1990 and 1991 Tulsa Oklahoma.

7. Alto soloist for the 250th Anniversary of the writing of Handel’s “Messiah” Tulsa, Oklahoma, 1991.

8. Various roles at the Baltimore Actor’s Theater (a dinner theater) Baltimore, 1992.

9. Worship Team/Ensemble leader at San Antonio First Church of the Nazarene 1993-96.

10. Music Leader, “Servant’s Song” (church ensemble) Council Road Baptist Church 1999-2003.

11. Worship Teams Facilitator-Council Road Baptist Church 2000-2003

12. Songwriter of Scripture Songs-in approximately 2002 I started feeling that this was something I should be doing and I did do a bunch of these for my family…but about every 6 months I feel a strong pull to organize this and do a group of songs that follow the same theme, get some accompaniment behind them and disperse them to people who might like to memorize scripture in this way.

If I were to really decide to do it, I would want to get a lot more stuff on there musically and produce it in a really professional way. My motivation, time and opportunity just haven’t met up at the same time yet. It is on my list of 101 Things to Get Done in 1001 Days, though, so I hope to do it in the next couple of years… (BTW...this site is still a list in progress...I don't even have my 101 things listed...just a few. But it has helped me to stay motivated to get somethings done.)

13. Grafted In- We started our band in late 2002, I think. Recorded some original songs (not country), but did not make a formal CD.

Then, through a series of events, we decided to add some people and do gospel music. Now we have 2 CDs (click the red), and we sing at Swadley’s BBQ on the 2nd and 4th Saturday nights most months. We also sing churches and anywhere else that wants us to play gospel music.

There it is! My illustrious musical career (for the most part). Guess I won't quit my day job:-)



Links to other Thursday Thirteens!




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


20 Comments:

Blogger Carmen said...

This is me, jealous that you have 2 CDS. :) I tried to be a songwriter in Nashville, but alas, never got my break.

6:59 AM  
Blogger Chaotic Mom said...

Wow! You've done a lot! I'm going to check out the link to the CDs, too. And I didn't know Carmen was a songwriter, either! The things I learn about my fellow bloggers on Thursday... ;)

8:12 AM  
Blogger Raggedy said...

Congratulations!
That is very cool..
My TT is up

8:24 AM  
Blogger Darla said...

Sounds great! Congrats--I'm so impressed. :)

10:28 AM  
Blogger Tink said...

Wow...! I wishI could sing better. ;-)

11:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do love to listen to my gospel choir, I will have to see about getting your CD's.

My list is up

12:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow. That's amazing!

1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That's an impressive list...

Happy Thursday!

1:18 PM  
Blogger Frances D said...

Surprised you have time for a day job.
What a variety of experiences.
My own TT is up.
Take care,
Frances

1:21 PM  
Blogger Kimba said...

I think it's awesome that you've done so much! Do you ever consider doing more musical theatre? I don't even like Country music, but I've been tempted to buy your CD. One of these days, perhaps?

1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you are quite accomplished. :) Two cds as well. That's wonderful. Good luck to you if you do try to turn this into more of a career.

Thank you for your wonderful comment on my 13 today. I appreciate your kind words.

2:05 PM  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Will be checking on the CDs later. Let me get me over my T13 first. Just posted as blogger wouldn't allow me yesterday.
My T13 is finally up. Have a peek and make sure you're in your festive mood.

2:16 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You've definitely done a lot. That's a pretty impressive list!

Nice list!

2:37 PM  
Blogger Minerva Jane said...

Wow can't believe you've done so much. i'm gonna have to check out your CDs! Thanks for stopping by my site today, btw.

2:42 PM  
Blogger kjam22 said...

You forgot to mention that besides playing the piano.... you play a mean washboard :)

3:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice! It sounds like you've had a lot of great performances in your career!

5:45 PM  
Blogger Crayonsetc said...

That is quite an acomplishment!

Happy TT

6:36 PM  
Blogger armywife said...

sounds like you've been a part of some great things!

my 13 are up too at
http://www.everythingshouldbefun.blogspot.com

7:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, so talented! I love singing but I'm in the joyful noise category!

7:37 PM  
Blogger Don said...

Hey, when are we going to do a vocal/bass duet?

Opera is sooooo cool. Carmen is my favorite. We could do the highlights for the offertory!!!

I might do my 13 memorable gigs with celebs next week.

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home