Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Pet Peeve Wednesday

Man, wouldn't THAT be great? Thinking to yourself every week, as things happen, "Ooooo, just wait until Pet Peeve Wednesday...then I'm gonna cut loose with this one!" :-):-):-)

Actually, I thought about doing a Procrastination Wednesday...FlyLady does that. Maybe if you fulfill your thing that you procrastinated, you could air a pet peeve as a reward...Have to think about that.

But this week, I don't have time...I am preaching to the choir, I mean, leading the choir this evening in the rehearsal...and I need to have some time to get myself in a real knot about it. So this will just be quick.

"As my apprentice, you're never fired".....God

OK...I have a couple of issues with this...

1. God didn't say that. Why do people always think they need to come up with something clever to "sell" God? Here's another..

"Don't make me come down there"...God

What does THAT mean? That we could make God do something? And as a believer, I WANT Him to come down here...but I digress.

2. Here is the definition of an apprentice.

1. One bound by legal agreement to work for another for a specific amount of time in return for instruction in a trade, art, or business.
2. One who is learning a trade or occupation, especially as a member of a labor union.
3. A beginner; a learner.

So what are we apprenticing for? God's job?

I get the connection to the TV show...I just think it's a weak link, and why not just say

"There has never been the slightest doubt in my mind that the God who started this great work in you would keep at it and bring it to a flourishing finish on the very day Christ Jesus appears." Phillipians 1:6

You know...a real thing from God's Word...

Amazing Race tonight!

2 Comments:

Blogger James Hunt said...

You're right. No need to "sell God".

With faith firmly fixed to faith in God's sovereignty passionately plead with sinners to receive God's grace in Christ = Evangelism.

No gimmicks.

No watering it down.

No mamby, pamby, wishy, washy approach to presenting the gospel.

Contend for the faith...Contextualize into culture. Both / and...not either/or.

1:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

by the way, I've read some blogs that are called "works for me wednesday" things you do maybe no one else does, part of your system.
also- i like using flylady too. except I AM behind right now...
Here are the other day posts I've heard of
Monday-?
Tuesday- Treasure Tuesday (an item that you treasure)
Wednesday- Works for me Wednesday (something that "works" for you)
Thursday- Thirteen Thursday
Friday- Favorite Foto Friday (your favorite photo)

12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home