Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Jesse Tree #6 Jacob

We are doing Jacob today. The first year we did it, the only food related thing we had was

candybars

which I carefully (painstakingly) took from their wrappers and mixed up so that when everyone chose they were tricked. This year we are opening them but leaving the correct ones...tricky, huh?

This year we are also having

chicken fried steak (as the meat that was specially prepared for Isaac)
ramen noodles (for the soup that Esau traded his birthright for)
carrots (good for your eyes...Isaac was blind ya know...work with me here)

The story is here (Paul's version) and here (the Bible).
***************
Tomorrow is Joseph...we are making a cake with many colors:-), so make sure you have a white cake mix, a can of frosting and some food coloring or sprinkles. And spaghetti and meatballs (frozen is what I am getting).

See you then!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! I have been SOOO behind on reading blogs. Anyway noticed you were doing the Jesse Tree thing and I wanted to show you a link I thought you would enjoy. I frequenly read Shannon (Rocks in My Dryer) blog (she's from Oklahoma too) and anyway she did a Jesse Tree. She has photo's of their ornaments and I thought you might enjoy viewing them!
You can see it here

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home