Friday, April 14, 2006

The Saturday Before Easter

You know...it just seems strange to have stuff for Passover, Good Friday and Easter, but nothing on the Saturday before Easter.

So this is what we did last year. I think it worked pretty well, so we will probably do it again.

Not too much preparation... We lit a candle, I think..then said this poem/prayer thing...blew out the candle, and went to bed.

I don't know who wrote this poem.

Yesterday I was crucified with Christ;
Tomorrow I am glorified with Him.

Yesterday I died with Him,
Tomorrow I am made alive with Him.

Yesterday I was buried with Him,
Tomorrow I am raised with Him.

Let us become like Christ,
Since Christ became like us.

Let us become holy for His sake,
Since for us He became man.

He assumed the worse,
That He might give us the better.

He became poor, that by His poverty
We might become rich.

He accepted the form of a servant,
That He might win back our freedom,

He came down that we might be lifted up.

He was tempted, that through Him
We might conquer.

He was dishonored, that He might be glorified in us.

He died, that He might save us.

He ascended, that He might draw us to Himself ,
Who lie helpless, having fallen into sin.

Let us give all, offer all, to Him who gave Himself;
As a ransom and reconciliation for us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home