Saturday, December 16, 2006

Jesse Tree #15 The Fiery Furnace

No mistake on the numbering...I missed yesterday...stink. My friend, Hester, had her baby and I was running some errands toward that end. The baby was 3 pounds 8 ounces and looks beautiful...:-)

If you read Thursday's post, I put a little bit there for it...

Moving forward...

Today is Shadrach, Meshach and Abdnego. I love yesterday's story about Elijah and the prophets of Baal and I love this one too...soooo dramatic!

So this is what we are eating...

hamburgers and 1 steak (for the surprise...like the king was surprised when he saw the Fourth Man) My kids like hamburgers but they love steak so that will be fun.

Mashed potatoes in a hill for the furnace.

salad...just because.

Now for the dessert...I found some bags kind of like grab bags at Albertson's a couple of weeks ago...with their single candy items...don't really know what is in there (hopefully no vampire teeth or witch's nose or whatever...) but again, the act of looking in and being surprised...there is supposed to be candy in there too...

If you can't get those, you could do funnel cakes or fireballs or hot tamales...just something physically hot or hot tasting.

We have a little film canister that we glued wooden matches around for our ornament.

Here is the story. You could also watch The Veggie Tale version, which we may...

PLANNING to be here tomorrow. The story is Daniel and the Lion's Den.

We are having slices of ham with Mac and Cheese around the perimeter (squint your eyes and it might look like a lion:-))...and mixed vegetables...fruit rollups with the tattoos on them for the writing on the wall (That was actually before the lion's den incident, but I love that story) and the story is here in case I am not.

1 Comments:

Blogger Don said...

Hey Angela, Wouldn't it be great if the kids learned S,M & A's Hebrew names instead of their captive Babylonian names?

We don't call Daniel Belteshazzar!
Hananiah was named Shadrach
Mishael was named Meshach
Azariah was named Abednego.

I think we use their names so much because of the song.

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home