Wednesday, March 01, 2006

The "More-Amazing-Than-Last-Time" Race

I smiled today when I looked at my tally of people who have viewed my profile...I don't know who all of you are, but I am up to like 70 now...I'm not sure I even know 70 people. So I decided that even if I didn't have something deep, I would put something new. Thanks for visiting, by the way. It pleases me that you took even a minute to come here.

Well, this is not a particularly spiritual topic, but one of my favorite shows started up again last night. The Amazing Race. Last season, they had an amazing idea (to use family groups instead of pairs) but it was far from amazing...what a disappointment...except the Black family and the family with the little boy and girl whose names escape me...I think they should have ALL had to have at least one small child to be fair.

I will say that as I was watching last night (CBS 8:00 central time) it was more amazing... But the one thing that I noticed was the extreme number of times that some of the participants said, "Oh my G--" or just "G--!"...and they weren't crying out to Him or anything....like for help or guidance or whatever...it was like one might say "Shoot" or "I can't believe that happened!" It really distracted me from the rest of the show. I found myself rooting (is that spelled right?) against those people. Especially the ones who said some variation of that and then in the next 2 seconds said, "Thank You Jesus!" You know, I'm not meaning to judge here (well, maybe I am) but they could have just as easily said, "Hooray!" I guess when I become the President of CBS, I will just have to insist on "Aw shucks" "This is frustrating" "I can't believe that" etc. :-)

Anyway, it is (for the most part) a good show. And I will be cheering for those who at least when the camera is on them, refrain from breaking the third commandment. Feel free to watch with me...you can imagine me booing when they say, "G--."

It is kind of an exciting show and maybe there will be some spiritual insight at a later date.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home