Sunday, February 19, 2006

Grown Up Talk

Staring at the blank page...not my best place, so I am just starting and however this first entry goes, at least I will have started. I looked at some pretty fancy blogs, but I know if I try to do that, I will never get past the first week, so simple, for now, is best.

In reading some other blogs, I came across this one from the Sojourner blog...I hope it is OK to use, because Kiki said this very well, and it is my heart, also:

(quote)
"the past few months I realized that I don't know Biblically where a lot of my beliefs came from. Much of what I think is my doctrine is simply what was passed down to me. So I want to be able to defend each of my positions, based on what see in the Word, not on tradition or history."

So, as I am blathering on about "whatever", my true goal is to put things on here that can be discussed with a Biblical foundation (in context). Nicely. If things take a turn to unkind behavior or character defamation, I will just have to send everyone to their rooms:-).

Just so you know where I am coming from on this, I am a Southern Baptist who has from time to time been involved with the Nazarene church. I attended and graduated from Oral Roberts University (charismatic) and taught at Monte Cassino Middle School (a Catholic school) for 2 years and loved it. Never been a snake handler, though...

Thanks for stopping by.

2 Comments:

Blogger kjam22 said...

Nice to see you on board! I think your blog already looks better than mine!

5:29 PM  
Blogger kjam22 said...

Mine is the "professional" blog.... :)

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home